Please select your student's grade level to find your teachers online learning information & office hours.
Continuous Learning Plan
APS created a Continuous Learning Plan for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year in response to the order by the governor and the New Mexico Public Education Department to close schools. This plan focuses on essential learning and relationships for all students and will begin on Monday, April 13th and will end on May 21st.
Your Lowell staff worked very hard with their grade level team, for the weeks prior to the Continuous Learning Plan start date, to plan some exciting essential learning opportunities for students. It is vital that you be in contact with your child's teacher during the school closure. Each teacher has created lessons & contact information --that will serve as the hub of information for your child to access lessons and activities.
Learning at home looks very different from a typical school day schedule. We are not expecting students to sit in front of their device all day. There are sample schedules, below, for you as a resource. Teachers will also provide a suggested schedule for your reference--but the schedule is not required. Please work at your child's and family's pace. To access your child's meeting space/lessons/activities & teacher, please go to the buttons above, and click on your child's grade level then choose your child’s teacher to access their teacher's google meeting. Use the teacher's "Nickname" to join their google meeting at the scheduled time given to you by your child's teacher. The lessons/activities, that teachers provide, are available for you to access and you can decide how to fit it in with your family's daily routine. Please click the link below for more information about the instructional time allotments for each grade level.
These are a few important things you need to know:
1) Every morning, there are lessons you can watch on NMPBS, Channel 5.1 (Check out the NMPBS & APS link on the right).
2) At least, two times a week, you get to virtually visit your teachers! This is actually the most exciting part for us because we miss you! This is your special time with your teacher and classmates. Your "Class Meeting" link will be found when you click on your grade level button above. (Who knows, maybe a special guest will pop in.)
3) Every teacher has certain times throughout their week for "Office Hours." Office hours are when you or your family can contact your teacher to check-in or ask questions. We want to make sure we are here for you and your family. Along with office hours, our day will include time to record video lessons, develop activities, meet with students to provide feedback and do our own online learning. (You aren't the only one having to learn. Teachers are up for the challenge.) Looking forward to seeing you online!
4) Lastly, please be patient with one another and us. Just like you are all at different reading levels we are also at different levels with using technology. We have been working together to keep everything meaningful, organized, and easy to access. But we guarantee we will make mistakes, technology will decide to do its own thing, and things may not go the way we planned. So let's all virtually "pinky promise" to be patient, help one another, learn with one another, and laugh with each other while we embark on a new virtual adventure together!
Love, Lowell Elementary Staff
APS & NMPBS Broadcasting Student Lessons
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-noon
New Mexico PBS (NMPBS)/KNME Channel 5.1 (Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Northern, and Central NM)
KENW/Channel 3 (Portales, Eastern NM)
KRWG/Channel 22 (Las Cruces, Southern NM)
Schedule of Classes
Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays
- 8 a.m.: Grades K-1 Fundamentals/English Language Arts Writing
- 9 a.m.: English Language Development Bilingual
- 10 a.m.: Grades 2-3 English
- 11 a.m.: Grades 4-5 English
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 8 a.m.: Grades K-1 Math/Science
- 9 a.m.: English Language Development Bilingual
- 10 a.m.: grades 2-3 Math/Science
- 11a.m.: Grades 4-5 Math/Science
The daily lesson plans will be broadcast each day, and will then be available later for individual “on-demand lessons.” These supplemental learning videos feature APS educators in short segments, supporting a variety of subjects and grade levels, including English language arts, math, visual and performing arts, physical education, and more.
WIFI on Wheels
On Thursday, April 9, Mayor Keller announced "WiFi on Wheels"External link to provide drive-up mobile WiFi units at a number of APS schools and area public libraries. Users can drive up to within 100 feet of the mobile units and stay in their cars to promote social distancing while accessing a free WiFi connection. The City of Albuquerque has a map of free public WiFi Access Points onlineExternal link . Lowell is a WiFi on wheels site.